Continuing Education Requirements

Most resident licensees and some nonresident licensees are required to complete continuing education.  To determine your continuing education requirements, visit your license type at http://doi.nv.gov/Licensing/License_Types/

To find CE courses for your license type or line of authority, visit Sircon and follow the steps below:

  • Select Lookup Education Courses/Credits
  • Select Approved Courses Inquiry
  • Select a State: Required. From the dropdown menu, select the state in which you want to find approved courses.
  • Select Education Type: Required. From the dropdown menu, select Continuing Education.
  • Instruction Method: If desired, select an option from the dropdown menu to limit the search to courses using a particular presentation method (e.g., Classroom, Self-Study, etc.). If you do not select a particular presentation method, the inquiry will report courses presented by all available methods.
  • Course Category: If desired, click to checkmark one or multiple course categories based on the license types available in the selected state. If you do not checkmark any course categories, the inquiry will report courses in all course categories.
  • Course Hours: To limit the search to only courses worth a certain number of credit hours, enter a numeric value. If you do not enter a value, the inquiry will report courses worth any number of credit hours.

CE Exemptions for Producers

Licensed Producers may be eligible for an exemption from continuing education if the producer:

  • has earned and continues to maintain a designation as a chartered property casualty underwriter (CPCU), chartered life underwriter (CLU), certified insurance counselor (CIC), certified financial planner (CFP) or chartered financial consultant (ChFC) or
  • has been continuously licensed as an insurance producer for 20 years.  

To request an exemption, submit the Exemption Request Form