Continuing Education Requirements
Resident CE Requirements (NAC 683A.330)
Producers are required to complete 30 hours of CE. Three (3) of the 30 must be in the category of ethics. If you hold a health qualification you are subject to LTC courses requirements. Additionally if you are selling flood insurance you may want to consider a flood course. First, the Division recommends that all its resident licensees subscribe to Sircon’s ProducerEdge.
- Select Lookup Education Courses/Credits, then select Approved Courses Inquiry.
- Please select a State: Required. From the dropdown menu, select the state in which you want to find approved courses.
- Education Type: Required. From the dropdown menu, select either Pre-Licensing Education or Continuing Education.
- Instruction Method: If desired, select an option from the dropdown menu to limit the search to courses using a particular presentation method (e.g., Classroom, Self-Study, etc.). If you do not select a particular presentation method, the inquiry will report courses presented by all available methods.
- Course Category: If desired, click to checkmark one or multiple course categories based on the license types available in the selected state. If you do not checkmark any course categories, the inquiry will report courses in all course categories.
- Course Hours: To limit the search to only courses worth a certain number of credit hours, enter a numeric value. If you do not enter a value, the inquiry will report courses worth any number of credit hours.
Bail related CE Requirements (NRS 697.230 )(see detail)
Each general agent, bail agent, bail enforcement agent or bail solicitor must complete a three (3) hour program of continuing education specifically related to the bail industry. The course must be an approved course in Nevada and may be offered by the authorized surety insurer from whom the licensee received written appointment, if any, a state or national organization of bail agents or another organization that administers training programs for general agents, bail agents, bail enforcement agents or bail solicitors. Any license that is not renewed on or before the last day specified for its renewal expires at midnight on that day.