Funeral Seller and/or Cemetery Seller Permit Application InstructionsGENERAL INFORMATION:
"Business entity” refers to a corporation, limited liability company, limited liability partnership and associations or other legal forms of organization. A business entity that is required to be licensed in this state, that transacts insurance without a license, is subject to an administrative fine of not more than $1,000 per act or violation.
Applicants must contact the Division of Insurance (Division) for a verbal name approval prior to completing any articles of incorporation, articles of organization or amendments with the Secretary of State’s (SOS) office, or prior to filing any DBA/Fictitious Firm Name filings with the appropriate Nevada County Clerk’s office.
Division Phone: (775) 687-0700
Division General E-mail
Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships and Associations, etc.:
Contact the Nevada Secretary of State (SOS) to obtain forms, instructions and applicable fees.
SOS Phone: (775) 684-5708
Articles of Incorporation (Articles) Purpose Clause: Business entities who’s purpose is to engage in the business of insurance are required to file with the SOS and must include the following statement within the purpose clause of the entity’s
Articles of Incorporation:
“To engage in the business of insurance in all lines of authority permitted under the license issued in compliance with Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) and Nevada Administrative Codes (NAC).” The articles or amendment must be forwarded to the Division prior to being filed with the SOS by either of the following methods:
- Mail the Articles or amendment to the Division’s address with the fee for the SOS in a separate sealed envelope labeled “Secretary of State” or “SOS.”
- Fax the Articles or amendment to the Division’s office. Upon approval of the Articles or amendment, the Division will fax the information to the fax number provided by the applicant for filing with the SOS. The Division’s fax number is (775) 687-0787.
Upon the Division’s approval of the Articles or amendment, the Division will forward its approval to the SOS for its consideration. When the SOS completes its review and approval process, the business entity will be required to furnish a filed copy of the approved Articles or amendment.
Sole proprietors must file a DBA/Fictitious Firm Name with each county clerk’s office where they intend to conduct business. A copy of the filing must be provided to the Division along with the licensing application. Contact the appropriate County Clerk’s office for filing instructions. Refer to Chapter 602 of NRS for information on doing business under an assumed or fictitious name.
The Division has provided a checklist that must be incorporated into the application packet. The application must be tabbed as indicated or the application will be returned to the applicant without the application being reviewed by the Division.
FORMS PROVIDED IN THIS PACKET:
- CHECK LIST - Must be incorporated into application packet
- APPLICATIONS - Application for a certificate of authority for funeral seller or cemetery seller’s permit and licensing application for individuals and business entity. If you are unable to retreive your requiered application online, please contact the Division for further instruction at 775-687-0700 Opt 1.
- FINGERPRINT CARDS - Each individual obtaining a license must go through a background check
- BOND - Sample bond