Contact: Jake Sunderland, Public Information Officer
Phone: (775) 687-0772
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 10/22/14
Carson City – The Nevada Division of Insurance announces today the launch of its new smartphone app NDOI Connect and the Health Insurance website NVInsurance101.com.
“We are thrilled to offer NDOI Connect free of charge,” said Commissioner Scott J. Kipper. “This consumer oriented smartphone app will allow Nevadans to connect with the Division of Insurance in ways that have never been available before.”
NDOI Connect is now available to download for free on both the Apple App store and the Google Play store. NDOI Connect provides some of the most popular and valuable online services the Division offers right in the palm of your hand, including:
- The ability to file a complaint through the app.
- The ability to compare custom health insurance rates and plan information for 2015.
- The ability to compare custom title insurance rates and escrow fees based off the cost of your home and county of residence.
- The ability to search for and verify the license of an agent, agency, carrier or exchange enrollment facilitator.
- The ability to view Division bulletins.
- The ability to view upcoming Division public meetings and hearings.
- The ability to contact the Division through the app.
NVInsurance101.com is an educational website created to help Nevadans understand the basics of health insurance. Save money and avoid unexpected charges by learning when and where to purchase insurance. How to understand the difference between health plans, such as PPOs and HMOs. As well as how to use insurance, for example, how deductibles, copays and co-insurance work and how they affect the cost of care.
About the Nevada Division of Insurance
The State of Nevada Division of Insurance is a division of the Nevada Department of Business and Industry. It is the state agency that protects the rights of Nevada consumers and regulates Nevada’s $11.5 billion insurance industry. It has offices in Carson City and Las Vegas. In 2013, the Division investigated more than 2,300 consumer complaints and recovered nearly $4.4 million on behalf of consumers. Download the Division’s smartphone app NDOI Connect today in the Apple App Store and Google Play.