The Nevada Division of Insurance is the unbiased authority on insurance in Nevada.
If you are a member of the media with questions about insurance in Nevada please email your questions in writing to Yeraldin Deavila and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Facts about the Division of Insurance and Nevada’s Insurance Industry
- In fiscal year 2014, the total premium dollar amount of all lines of insurance in Nevada for 2012 was approximately $13.2 billion.
- In fiscal year 2014, premium tax collections for the benefit of the General Fund equaled $264,773,742.
- In fiscal year 2014, the Division collected $27,552,241 in additional General Fund revenue from assessments, fines, and license and registration fees.
- In fiscal year 2015, there were 2,522 admitted carriers in Nevada. Of these, 257 were domiciled in Nevada, 204 of these companies are Captives.
- During calendar year 2015, the Division of Insurance recovered $5 million for consumers.
- For calendar year 2015, the Division of Insurance had more than 14,000 consumer contacts, and investigated nearly 3,200 consumer complaints during 2015.
- The authorized Division staff count for FY 2015 is 87 employees, of which 13 are based in Las Vegas.
- In 2014 and 2015, the Division participated on 51 financial examinations and 2 market conduct examinations of domestic and foreign insurers. During that same time period, 108 regulatory examinations of “non-traditional” insurers were conducted.
- During the last biennium 438 desk audits have been completed by the Division and transmitted to insurers for review, of which 262 have been accepted by insurers and transmitted to the Department of Taxation.
- The Division admitted 194 insurers in 2015.