Name Change


Submit the Individual Name Change Form along with a copy of an updated driver's license, government-issued photo identification card, passport or court document that shows the name change. 


Submit the Individual Name Change Form along with documentation showing the name change has already occurred with the resident state's insurance department. 

Submit the certificate of amendment to the Division for approval. Once we have stamped our approval the amendment may be filed with the Secretary of State. When that is completed the entity would then change its name with the Division.

Nevada domestic entities must submit Form 326 and provide a “filed” copy of the Certificate of Amendment to the Articles of Incorporation as filed with the Nevada Secretary of State.
Nonresident business entities must submit Form 326 and provide a letter of certification from the entity’s home state insurance regulatory authority, a copy of the entity’s current license, or license verification printout from the National Insurance Producer Database.

It is the licensee’s responsibility to file any name change with the Nevada Division of Insurance (Division) and Nevada Secretary of State’s Office at (775) 684-5708. Persons with questions regarding name changes, mergers, or dissolutions may contact the Division’s Producer Licensing Section in Carson City at (775) 687-0700, option 2.


Checklist: You must contact the Division of Insurance for prior name approval before filing with the County Clerk’s office. Contact and file the fictitious name with the County you wish to use the name in. Provide a filed copy of the County Clerk Filing Form attached to this document. You may not transact under a dba / fictitious name until it has been approved and filed by the Division of Insurance. Only the licensee may transact business under the dba name.

  • Resident and Non Resident Individuals submit Form 327B
  • Resident and Non-Resident Entities submit Form 326A

Nevada County Clerk’s Offices
Renewal of Fictitious name
Termination or discontinuance

Pursuant to NRS 683A.301 (1)
1. An applicant for a license as a producer of insurance who desires to use a name other than his true name as shown on the license shall file with the commissioner a certified copy of the certificate or any renewal certificate filed pursuant to chapter 602 of NRS. An incorporated applicant or licensee shall file with the commissioner a document showing the corporations true name and all fictitious names under which it conducts or intends to conduct business. A licensee shall file promptly with the commissioner written notice of any change in or discontinuance of the use of a fictitious name.