Motor Vehicle Damage Appraiser

This page is currently under construction. For any questions please contact the Division's Producer Licensing section at (775) 687-0700, option 2.   

License Required

A Motor Vehicle Damage Appraiser License is required of any individual or business entity that appraises damages of motor vehicles insured under a physical damage policy or on behalf of a third-party claimant.

Pursuant to NRS 684B.030, each applicant must provide an original surety bond. The bond must be countersigned by a resident or nonresident agent directly appointed by an authorized surety company in Nevada. An original power of attorney must be attached to each bond.  

How to Renew

A Motor Vehicle Damage Appraiser license is valid for three years and expires on the last day of the month three years after issuance. Licenses must be renewed on Sircon.com, and the renewal fee is $185. If the license is not renewed by the expiration date, a late fee will be applied and the licensee will be able to pay the renewal fee plus the late fee for 30 days after the expiration date. Failure to renew by 30 days after the expiration date will result in the license being inactivated and the licensee will need to reapply.