Company Adjuster License  

License Optional

A person may, but is not required to, hold a Company Adjuster license if the individual is:

  • Employed by an authorized insurance company, and  
  • Investigates, negotiates or settles workers’ compensation claims.  

Note:  An independent contractor should pursue an Independent Adjuster License with a workers’ compensation line of authority, rather than a Company Adjuster license.  Please see the Independent Adjuster web page for details.  

A licensee may hold only one type of adjuster license in Nevada.

This license type is intended for individuals and does not support business entity licensing.

A nonresident whose home state does not issue the license type or line of authority sought may designate another state as his or her home state (“Designated Home State” or DHS) and comply with that state’s requirements.  If the individual designates Nevada, the individual must comply with the same requirements as a Nevada resident, as described on this page.


A licensed Producer may act as an adjuster without obtaining an adjuster license only if:

  • Authorized by the insurer; 
  • There is no contract providing for compensation retrospectively contingent upon losses incurred under insurance sold or serviced by the producer; 

No license is required of a nonresident, salaried adjuster for adjusting claims arising from a designated catastrophe.  Please see the Catastrophic Adjuster page for more details.

License Type and Line of Authority

The license type is:                 Company Adjuster

The line of authority is:            Workers Compensation

License Term and Renewal

A Company Adjuster license is issued for a three (3) year term.

The license is renewable at the end of the month on the third anniversary of the issuance of the license.

To qualify for a Company Adjuster license

If a resident of Nevada, an individual must:

  • Be 18 years of age or older. 
  • Be eligible to declare Nevada as his or her home state. 
  • Be an employee of an authorized insurance company. 
  • Be competent, trustworthy, financially responsible and of good reputation. 
  • Never have been convicted of forgery, embezzlement, obtaining money under false pretenses, larceny, extortion or conspiracy to commit fraud. 
  • Not have committed any act that would be a cause for denial of a license under Nevada law. 
  • Complete prelicensing education.  Search for available courses on Sircon.  
  • Pass an examination for the license and lines of authority requested.  Register for an exam through Pearson VUE. 
  • Have taken and submitted a set of fingerprints for a criminal history background check.  Note that the criminal history report is valid for only six (6) months.  Digital Finger printing is available through an approved vendor.  
  • Not be licensed in Nevada as a Producer with the lines of authority of property, casualty, or surety. 
  • Not be licensed in Nevada as a Surplus Lines Broker. 

If not a Nevada resident:

  • Be licensed and in good standing in his or her home state as a Company Adjuster (as defined above) and hold a workers compensation line of authority; or  
  • Be eligible to declare Nevada as his or her home state and comply with all requirements as though the individual were a resident.  


All fees paid to the Nevada Division of Insurance are nonrefundable.

Initial Application total:  $185

This fee consists of the $60 Administration and Enforcement fee and the $125 licensing fee.

Triennial Renewal total:  $185

This fee consists of the $60 Administration and Enforcement fee and the $125 licensing fee.

Late Renewal Penalty:  $62.50

Payments may be made by check, money order, or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).  Please make checks and money orders payable to the Nevada Division of Insurance.  Please contact the Accounting Section at ifn@doi.nv.gov to request the required EFT form.

How to Apply for a License

An applicant for a license as a Company Adjuster must:

  • Submit the NAIC Uniform Application to the Division's Carson City Office. 
  • Remit all applicable fees; and 
  • Submit with the application all supporting documentation.  An applicant must submit documents for any application background question for which the answer is “Yes.”   
Residents must:  
  • Be fingerprinted for a criminal history background report.  Digital fingerprinting is available through an approved vendor; 
  • After applying for a license, upload to the application the Fingerprint Background Waiver; 
  • After applying for a license, upload to the application the fingerprint confirmation receipt showing the Transaction Control Number (TCN); 
  • Attest to having completed prelicensing education. The attestation is available at the time of examination.  An individual may search for course offerings through Sircon.  An applicant must complete prelicensing education prior to sitting for an exam; and 
  • Have passed the required examination prior to application.  Schedule an exam through Pearson VUE. 

Note:  Certification of completion of the exam and prelicensing education is provided to the Division by the approved providers.  Keep a copy of your certificates for your records and for additional proof of completion, if requested.

How to Print your License

Once the license has been issued or renewed, the licensing information will be available on the Division’s website under Verify a License.   Use the information available from "verify a license" to print the license through Sircon.

Continuing Education

During the license term, each adjuster must complete 24 hours of education.  Three (3) of the 24 hours must be in ethics. Courses should be in an area that relates to the adjuster’s license. An adjuster may search for course offerings through Sircon.   


Continuing Education hours must be completed during the license term, and credit hours do not carry forward to future licensing periods. Be aware that credit will not be given for a course repeated during the license term. You may review your transcripts and search for available courses through Sircon

Education providers will electronically report the completion of continuing education.  Please retain your certificates for your records.

How to Renew the License

Electronically submit the renewal application and fees through Sircon. Pay the total renewal fee. 

Residents must verify that the education providers have reported 24 hours of continuing education by reviewing your transcripts through Sircon.

A nonresident individual must complete and report continuing education in his or her home state and is not required to report continuing education to the Division.

Failure to Timely Renew

There is no grace period to pay the renewal fee or to complete continuing education.  If the renewal requirements are not met, the license will expire at midnight on the last day of the month in which it is renewable.    

Acting without a license is a violation of Nevada law and may subject the licensee to a monetary penalty and/or criminal charges.

License Reinstatement

An individual who fails to timely renew may submit a renewal application up to 30 days past the license expiration.

The individual must submit:

  • The monetary late penalty, in addition to the license renewal fee. 
  • Proof of having completed required continuing education. 

After 30 days from the expiration date noted on the license, the licensee will be required to reapply and must complete all requirements for issuance of a new license.

An individual who was previously licensed for the same license type within the immediately preceding 24 months is exempt from taking the exam when reapplying for a license.

Record Retention

Each licensed adjuster must:

  • Keep a record of transactions under the license, including: 
    • A copy of all investigations or adjustments. 
    • A copy of each contract between the adjuster and an insurer. 
    • A statement of any fee, commission or other compensation for each investigation or adjustment. 
  • Maintain records of investigations and adjustments for three (3) years from the date the claim is closed, or longer, if required by the contract with the insurer. 

Reporting of Actions

Each licensed adjuster must report to the Commissioner any:

  • Administrative action taken by another jurisdiction or another governmental agency.
    • Report must be submitted within 30 days after the final disposition of the matter.
    • Report must include a copy of the complaint, the order issued and any other relevant legal documents.
  • Criminal prosecution in any jurisdiction.
    • Report must be submitted within 30 days after the initial pretrial hearing.
    • Report must include a copy of the complaint filed, the order as a result of the pretrial hearing, and other relevant legal documents. 

Reports must be submitted through the NIPR Attachment Warehouse.  Follow the instructions on the NIPR web pages regarding reporting of actions. 


Legal Authority

Company Adjusters are regulated under the provisions of chapter 684A of the Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) and chapter 684A of the Nevada Administrative Code (NAC).